- Open your windows daily and keep your property well ventilated to allow moist air to escape.
- Use extractor fans and open windows when using the kitchen or bathroom and close the doors to stop moisture going into other rooms.
- Leave a small gap between walls and furniture so that the air can flow around it.
- It is best to dry clothes outside but if you can’t, make sure it is done in a well ventilated room with an open window.
- Make sure airways are not blocked, such as chimneys and air bricks.
- Keep heating levels at a constant temperature, especially during the winter months.
For further advice on dealing with condensation, take a look at this downloadable leaflet by Leeds City Council.
If you have any questions, please contact our dedicated Student Team by calling 0113 322 9324 – they are more than happy to help.
Back to news